Friday, June 11, 2010

TGIF!

0800-1700

Thank God It’s Friday! Just kidding, its been a great week. This morning, Kelly, one of the few paid staff employees showed me a bit more around the library and the collections, which took most of the morning. The museum has a fantastic collection of books, primary and secondary sources, manuscripts, photos and ship plans. One of the reasons I am here is that I hope to really nail down a topic for my Masters thesis as well. I dug through some of their 18th century primary sources and have a few leads. Most of their collections begin in the 19th century as much of the colonial records were burned during various wars. I did come across several ship log books, captain’s correspondence, etc that I will have to dig up later when I have some more time.

In other news, my brother, Nick Wagner, is on his long drive from Kansas City, MO to Bath for a weeklong visit before he heads to Boston. He recently graduated from Rockhurst University in Kansas City with a Bachelors degree in Theology and will be attending graduate school at Boston College. It will be great to see a familiar face and a co-pilot for this coming week’s shenagins.

1 comment: