Monday, July 5, 2010

Quiet day at the museum

Well, I hope you all had a great 4th of July. I ended up going to Boston to visit my brother for the weekend. As you can imagine, the city was a zoo. I mean, its 4th of July weekend and you truly can't be in a cooler place than Boston, Mass. We ran around town quite a bit and every time we got off the T, there were parades and festivities everywhere. I did not end up staying for any fireworks because I needed to get back to Maine to be at work today (Monday).

Today was very quiet at the museum. All full time staff has the day off because of the holiday. Chris, the exhibit curator was in to continue to work on the exhibit. My fiance, Charlene, is coming to visit for the week on Tuesday, so I thought I would work today and take a day off while she is here. The quiet, slow day gave me a chance to work on the BIW plans project a bit more undisturbed.

Lately I have been hacking away at BIW Hull #39 which is the Battleship 'Georgia'. I believe it was the only battleship BIW built and there are a TON of plans. Well over 1,000 plans. The organization at present is sporadic at best but I have been getting through them slowly. Hopefully I can make a dent in these before I leave, as I only have 3 weeks left at the museum.

Fireworks in Bath, Maine tonight. Looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment