Monday, July 26, 2010

Last day at the museum

Today was the last day with MMM. It was bitter sweet. I said my farewells to everyone that works and volunteers here. Sad to move on but ready for the next step. I did take some pictures of the Heavy Metal exhibit that I helped with and will post those soon for those interested.

Whats next for me? Well, the only thing standing in the way of completing my Masters of Arts in History degree is completing my thesis. I can't really say I have "just my thesis left." because its not JUST a thesis, but a fairly substantial amount of time/research/work ahead of me.

Have a nailed down a topic? Maybe. I have been looking online alot for possibilities. Obviously I interned at a maritime museum because I am interested in history on the high seas, specifically early in America's history. I do have a lead on a collection of documents from a privateering vessel during the American Revolution that has not been written on. I will be digging a little deeper but it appears to be a good lead.

Its been a pleasure writing this blog and I hope those of you that have read it enjoyed it as well. Again, I will post pictures of the exhibit soon. Thanks again! -Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment